Train service
No publicly available departure data for this station.
Location
History
Ōgata Station opened on 11 February 1957 as an unstaffed Japanese National Railways stop on the Hakushin Line, the suburban route linking Niigata to Shibata. A second track was laid in to twin-track the line on 18 September 1979. JR East took over the station with the privatisation of the JNR on 1 April 1987. The southern plaza opened on 28 September 1998, and the station was rebuilt and staffed on 1 March 2005 when automatic ticket gates were installed; Suica became valid on 21 January 2006. The northern bus loop began receiving Niigata Kōtsū services on 13 April 2015. The platforms are two opposed side platforms linked by a footbridge.
Notes
In May 2006 Niigata Prefecture announced a plan to rename the station "Niigata Airport-mae" and run a shuttle bus to the terminal, but the change was shelved because the station lies some five kilometres from the airport.
Sources
Last updated: 2026-05-18