Station

Kanayama-cho

銀山町

Train service

No publicly available departure data for this station.

Location

History

Kanayama-cho opened on 23 November 1912 as Yamaguchi-cho on the day Hiroden's Main Line first ran between Hiroshima Station and Kamiya-cho. The stop was suspended after the 6 August 1945 atomic bombing; the Hatchobori - Yamaguchi-cho section was restored on 1 October 1945 and the Yamaguchi-cho - Hiroshima Station section on 11 October that year, completing reopening of the Main Line. On 1 April 1965 Hiroshima City renamed the surrounding district from Yamaguchi-cho to Kanayama-cho and the stop's name was changed to match. Around 1973-74 platform-extension work was undertaken to accommodate larger cars and in April 1988 a platform shelter was added. Station number M5 was assigned in October 1996 and the number was changed to M03 on 3 August 2025.

Notes

Until 2000 the south side of the stop housed the Hiroshima Stock Exchange, and even after the exchange was abolished the immediate area has kept its character as a financial district, with the head office of Momiji Bank and the Hiroshima branches of several major banks clustered around the platform.

Sources

Last updated: 2026-05-25