Train service
No publicly available departure data for this station.
Location
History
Bifuka Station opened on 3 November 1911 with the Railway Bureau's extension from Nayoro to Onneppu, under the original reading "Piuka" written with the same characters; the reading was changed to "Bifuka" on 14 July 1951 to match the village name. The Bikō Line branched here from 5 October 1964 until its closure on 17 September 1985. Operation passed to Japanese National Railways in 1949 and to JR Hokkaido at the 1 April 1987 privatisation. The original wooden depot was demolished in June 1987 and a new building, the Bifuka Town Transportation Terminal, opened on 3 November 1987. Since 1 May 2016 ticket sales have been delegated to Bifuka Town, with the actual counter run by the local tourism association.
Notes
On the roof of the Transportation Terminal stands the Bikō Bell, installed to commemorate the abolished Bikō Line; it is rung daily at 15:00 and on the arrival of the limited express Sōya bound for Wakkanai.
Sources
Last updated: 2026-05-18