Train service
No publicly available departure data for this station.
Location
History
Bandaimachi Station opened on 15 July 1899 as Ōdera Station on the privately built Iwaetsu Railway, becoming a state station with the line's nationalisation on 1 November 1906. It was renamed Bandaimachi on 1 June 1965. Located in the town of Bandai in Fukushima Prefecture, the station sits 51.2 kilometers from Kōriyama on what is now JR East's Ban'etsu West Line, with a single staffed island platform serving two tracks. Freight on dedicated sidings ended in March 1985, and the station passed to JR East with the 1 April 1987 privatization. The wooden depot was renovated on 20 March 2010 and an east–west pedestrian concourse opened on 12 April 2010.
Notes
Bandaimachi was the rail head for Tokyo Electric Light's private Ōdera Railway, used to ferry construction material to the Inawashiro No. 2 and No. 3 hydroelectric stations; an unloading yard once stood west of the depot, and a catch siding ran east to stop runaway trains during the Meiji and Taishō eras.
Sources
Last updated: 2026-05-18